Sky News Real Estate | Preparing for Spring
Preparing for Spring:
Sky News segment – Heather Gibson from Finer Details Concierge & Organiser Service joins Bridie Barry & James Treble from Sky Real Estate with her tips on preparing for spring – from the tasks you can’t skip to the best ways to stay organised.
There are those annual cleaning jobs we all know we should be doing, whether it’s emptying out the cupboards, flipping the mattress. It can be hard to find time to get them done!
Get in control of your home and life, with these tips from Heather and Sara:
Annual preparing for spring checklist:
- Gas bottles are in date
- Smoke detectors are working
- Paving you might trip up on
- Wiring, light switches that might be a bit loose
Check things that could become a hazard either by lack of maintenance or from an occupational health and safety aspect.
Spring cleaning tasks:
- Check your medicine cabinet and get rid of anything that is out of date or no longer required (make sure these are disposed of correctly)
- Flip your mattress, turn over and rotate top to bottom
- Air doonas and pillows on the clothes line in the sunshine
- Clean out your wardrobes and place lavender or cedar in to protect from pests
- Declutter and organise your linen cupboards and pantries, getting rid of unused and out of date items.
Don’t make things complicated, schedule in time to do these tasks just as you would a doctors, hair or other appointment; put it in your calendar to make sure it happens.
Make it easy by creating a list using whatever method works for you whether that’s in your diary, calendar, phone or on a piece of paper. If you can’t do it on the day allocated, ensure you move it to a new date.
There is a feeling of relief and accomplishment when you complete your to-do list.
When you start on the journey of becoming organised, you soon realise the benefits of having more head space, life is easier and there is a weight lifted off your shoulders.
Our clients come from all walks of life, people who run small businesses, new to town looking for someone with local knowledge, professional women who realise that it is ok to delegate and value their time.
If you would like Finer Details to help you keep on top of your to-do list and home/office organisation, we would love to have a chat.