Depending on the style and age of your home, your outside storage could be a tin shed, garage or a store room attached to the house.
This real estate in your home is valuable as it can be a great source to remove clutter from the house if used properly. Who wants to go into the cobwebs of the old tin shed at the bottom of the garden and rummage through the layers of dust, rust and rubbish? Are you one of the families who parks their car in the drive because it won’t fit in the garage as there is too much stuff piled in? Or do you have a storeroom that gets the door opened and items just get shoved in?
These and many other scenarios are common in a lot of homes as we gather the accessories to our busy lives.
So lets get organised.
- Clear your space whether it be tin shed, garage or store room so you can evalute the area for storage solutions
- Look for holes in your storage area and repair to keep the area clean, dry and free from unwanted visitors
- Group the items you want to store into categories – car, sports, tools, gardening, home maintenance etc.
- Anything that is not easily identifiable – mark the name of the item on 3 sides so if someone puts it back the wrong way it is still visible
- Get rid of the old hard paint, broken tools and pool toys and anything that is no longer used
You may need some containers for storage but these can be purchased at your local hardware or discount department store for an affordable price. Use the walls for storing items that you need to be handy and the roof/ceiling for things you dont need to access often. Group items together so that when the time comes to go on that camping trip, everything you need is in one place.
Our team are a wealth of knowledge on all manner of storage solutions and tips. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips or if you would like friendly professional help organising your home contact us now.