A recent news article exposed an unethical tradesman and highlighted us of the age old ”buyer beware” phrase.
It seems unthinkable to those of us who have just plain human decency that there are some whose sole purpose it is to mislead the consumer with their over promise and under deliver attitude.
Bad workmanship, faulty and substandard parts as well as lack of respect for the client’s time and property are complaints often heard.
Here are our tips to help you find a quality tradesman who will deliver an excellence service:
- Ask friends or family for referrals and also tradesman they recommend NOT to use, as we have all had those experiences
- If you see a required trade in your neighbourhood, knock on the neighbours door and ask if they would recommend them and get a business card
- When calling for quotes be specific as to exactly what you need and ask if they have experience in that area
- Request to see copies of their industry registration, insurance and qualifications – ask for this via email so you can view at leisure
- Check online for review sites like True Local, Hi Pages, even Facebook. There is always people waiting to give you advice on who use
These of course are not full proof solutions, but they help you to weed out some of the none too reliable tradesman and service providers.
A little bit of research and a few questions can save you a lot of stress and money down the track.
To find out more about our packages and pricing, contact one of your Finer Details consultants today.
The Finer Details team have an extensive database of services they can enlist for your tasks. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more professional organisation tips and personal concierge services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now.