- Really analyse why you are storing the item – will you actually use/need it in the future
- Can it be stored elsewhere ? Perhaps in the garage or shed!
- How often will you need to access it ?
- Could that space be better utilised for another purpose?
- How often is the room used for guests and will you need to move these items often ?
I have always visioned that my spare bedroom would house one of those wall beds where you only need to pull it out for when guests visit and for most of us that is only a few times a year if that.
The remainder of the room I would love to house some great storage cabinets purpose built for things that don’t currently fit or warrant space in my office like birthday cards, paper and gifts, photos and some memorabilia.
Think about the valuable real estate in your home and use it wisely. We don’t need bigger homes, what we need is to rethink why we are keeping the things we do, what purpose do they serve in our life and do they bring us joy?
The Finer Details team are a wealth of knowledge on all manner of storage solutions and tips. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips and Concierge Services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now.