Our consumerism has gotten out of control so in an attempt to assist I thought some recycling information was needed. Many of our clients hang on to things as they have no idea on how to get rid of it and it just ends up as another item on their To Do List.
Disposing of your waste in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner to a specific recycling station will eliminate the items from becoming landfill and leaving the possible toxins contained in them from leaching into our ground and waterways, the result will help us to achieve a sustainable future for us and our families. You may also end up assisting others by donating your unwanted goods.
Technology and appliances are a huge part of our daily life and is be a great place to start.
- Group all your electronics together and work out what you actually still use and what can be recycled.
- Are there battery chargers you don’t know what they belong to?
- Software that is now outdated or no longer required?
- Appliances do not work and are not worth fixing
E-Waste is a great service that will collect from your home if you have a large volume or are unable to drop off at another location – http://www.ewaste.com.au/
City of Stirling Recycling Centre – http://bit.ly/1MJ86pO
City of South Perth Recycling Centre – http://bit.ly/1ePh0nS
Recycling Near You – http://recyclingnearyou.com.au
For other items that you may have quantities of here are a few other tips.
- Medicines should be bagged up and dropped off at your local chemist
- Books can be donated to Save the Children – http://bit.ly/1Ax2SGW
- DVD’s & CD’s can be put in your yellow top bin
- Gas Cylinders are hazardous and should be treated with care – http://bit.ly/1M1Uhly
- Paint – http://bit.ly/1IlEqK3
- Work clothes in good condition – http://www.readytowork.org.au/
- Bras in good condition – http://www.upliftbras.org
The Finer Details team have an extensive database of services they can enlist for your tasks. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips and Concierge Services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now.