Plan your work area
To be productive in your work you must have a functional work space, so here are a few tips to help plan your work area.
- Lighting – ensure you have sufficient natural or artificial lighting to enable you to see what you are doing
- Desk space – all desks need some area to write, some people require this more than others so take into consideration how you work
- Seating – a comfortable and ergonomic place to sit can have a large impact on your back and arms. It must be at the correct height for you and your work space
- Storage – the tools of your trade must be easy to locate and put away. Functional storage will keep your area neat and tidy
- Inspiration – whether it be a card or poster, quote or a board to write down ideas having a little place for inspiration around can keep you on track
- Use wall space rather than clutter your work area
- Archive old, unused paperwork to free up space
- Plan to leaving your desk tidy at the end of every day, you will be surprised how much better it feels to walk in to a clear workspace
Work spaces are as individual as those who work in them so one size doesn’t fit all. The way I file my paperwork might seem totally irrational to you. Some like access to items at hand, others prefer the minimalist look with everything away in its place. Generally a clean uncluttered area works best for most.
Things to also consider – if your work area is shared or in open view to others
The Finer Details team have an extensive database of services they can enlist for your tasks. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips and Concierge Services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now.