What to pack when going on holidays is the issue many face. Quite often we pack too many clothes but still forget some key items that should be taken on almost every trip.
Our top items are as follows:
- Headphones and/or ear plugs – noise cancelling headphones are our tip for ensuring you are not bothered by the surrounding noises enabling you to rest when you wish
- Eye mask and/or sunglasses – help when you want to sleep during daylight hours or block out artificial lighting
- Hand sanitising wipes – plane tray tables have been reported as the worst place to pick up germs when traveling. They can also be used to freshen up between showers
- Small torch – waking up in an unfamiliar place can be disorientating if you have had a long trip. Leave it next to where you sleep so you can quickly get your bearings
- Camera – most phones take fairly good pictures these days but a small point and shoot is also a great addition
- Power Strip – with us all having so many gadgets sometimes it is difficult to get them charged all at the one time
- Pashmina or similar – these can be used as a blanket, picnic rug, towel, head wear, pillow and much more…..
- Collapsible water bottle – staying hydrated is a must especially when traveling
- Document wallet – for all travel documents, passport, receipts etc. Ensure you have details of your travel insurance with you and make sure you check your bank statement when you return home to ensure all charges are correct. Include a pen for filling out immigration paperwork.
Taking a picture on your phone of your passport and travel documents is a great way to have the details with you at all time without the physical items being carried, we also suggest leaving a copy of your travel details, insurance and passport with a friend or family member for safety while you are away.
The Finer Details team have an extensive database of services they can enlist for your tasks. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips and Concierge Services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now.