Is your car your mobile office? Is it littered with reciepts, quickly written notes , loose change and endless paper?
How much more productive would you or your team members be if they were organised? With a few simple and easy to implement soloutions it can be acheived.
- Find a place for everything, if you don’t have sufficent storage purchase some. Drawer systems or plastic tubs can fit easily in your boot or back seat. Keep things separate so you can locate them quickly.
- Items that you use often should be handy for example a small notebook and pen, change for parking meter. Ensure change is stored in a container to stop it from being scattered and easy to take to the meter.
- Ask to be emailed or sent via text messaged details so you don’t have to scribble them down in illegable handwriting.
- Make sure you have a car charger for your phone, laptop etc stored in your car. Don’t rely on remembering to bring the one from your home. Make sure you have a bluetooth device so you can safely and legally use your phone.
- Somewhere to put rubbish until you stop near a bin
- Tissues, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, deoderant and perhaps a spare shirt/blouse (just in case lunch gets messy!)
There are countless apps available to help you manage your time. Think about what takes you time when you are on the road and look for an app to make it easier or speak to your peers to see if they have any tips.
If you struggle with the accounting side of your work then have a look at Hard Hat Bookkeeping a great new app to take the stress out of recording your expenses, invoices, tax requirements etc.
Car Butler shows you the location of service stations, alerts you when your parking meter is about to run out, hightlights traffic congestion and the closest mechanic.
Receiptmate enables you to save a copy of your receipt before the ink fades and the knowledge that it is stored for tax time.
It is worth spending just a couple of hours getting yourself and your mobile office organised which will save you endless lost time later.
Our team are a wealth of knowledge on all manner of storage solutions and tips. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Kitchen Organisation Tips or if you would like friendly professional help organising your kitchen contact us now.