Christmas Countdown stage 2
The traffic is getting heavier and the queues longer as we move closer into the Christmas Countdown
Armed with your list, because you have made one…… right?
Pick a shopping centre that can fill all or at the very least most of your needs so you aren’t running all over town getting stressed.
Where possible go early while you are fresh and the parking is more plentiful or if you don’t have school aged children go at school pick up time as the shops are usually a bit quieter then.
- Park near an entrance so you can off load some items to the car if needed
- Know who you are buying for and a good idea of what you are buying them
- Have a budget set for each gift and an overall budget for gifts
- Don’t get side tracked, classic rookie mistake – stay on task
- Bargains are only bargains if they are needed and on the list
- You don’t need to buy spare gifts unless you 90% sure they will be used
- Buy the paper, ribbon and other wrapping items with the gifts so you know what you need
When you are finished go to the car and double check your list as you won’t want to come back to the busy shopping centre and tackle those queues again.
When you get home grab a cup of tea or maybe a wine and start wrapping. Although you may not feel like doing this after a big day shopping you will feel a sense of relief once the whole job is complete.
Food and beverage items etc. can be purchased in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for Stage 3 or alternatively hand over your To Do List to your Finer Details Personal Concierge
Don’t get to the 25th December exhausted and grumpy.
The Finer Details team have an extensive database of services they can enlist for your tasks. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and blogs for more Organisation Tips and Concierge Services or if you would like friendly professional help organising your life and home contact us now
Should you require just a little assistance check out our Organising Consultation, that may be the solution for you!